DISCONTINUED / Everything you need to know about non-life insurance in South Africa
Out of stock
Everything you need to know about non-life insurance in South Africa, is a 420-page overview of the South African non-life (short-term) insurance industry. The second edition of this book was launched at the African Insurance Exchange 2018 held at Sun City from 29-31 July 2018.
Written by veteran journalists Liz Still and Gareth Stokes, the book is aimed at anyone who wants to get a deeper understanding of non-life insurance, including basic concepts, history, trends in the sector and the regulatory environment.
Everything you need to know about non-life insurance in South Africa will be useful to a wide range of readers including students writing regulatory exams, consumers who might be confused by the concepts and terminology used by insurers and professionals such as auditors, marketers and public relations practitioners who need a quick overview of the industry and how it works.
Everything you need to know about non-life insurance in South Africa includes sections on insurance trends and new chapters on Insurtech (in recognition of the nature and speed of technology-backed innovation) and risk pricing. When read alongside our first edition, Short Term Insurance in South Africa’ 2016, it gives a useful snapshot for future trend analysis and evaluation.
The book has 16 chapters as follows:
- Insurance fundamentals
- The history of short term insurance
- The business case for insurance
- Risk pricing fundamentals
- Insurance as a component of the financial services industry
- Types of insurers and their functions
- The South African non-life insurance landscape
- Different types of insurance cover
- Insurer financial statements
- International and South African insurance trends
- The regulatory environment
- Laws currently in force in the short term insurance environment
- Proposed new laws and policy objectives affecting short term insurance
- Industry stakeholders